Updated: August 20, 2020
Diversified Staffing Alliance (“DSA” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
- On the Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website; or
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by DSA or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What Information We Collect and Why
When you visit our Website, we collect information about you, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies or relates to you, or as defined under applicable law. The following categories describe the types of Personal Information we collect from you and how we collect it:
- Online Forms: We may collect your Personal Information when you use our online forms, including, but not limited to, first and last name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, job title, company name, or we may ask you to upload a copy of your resume or CV. Providing us your Personal Information via our online forms is not required; however, please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields, because we have determined we need this information to comply with or respond to your request, or to improve your future experiences with us and our Website. Other information you share with us when completing our contact forms is at your sole discretion. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence in accordance with our established retention protocol.
- Marketing: We may collect Personal Information for marketing purposes and analysis, including information on how you respond to email, SMS, phone, and other marketing campaigns. We may use your Personal Information to send you direct marketing via email and other communication means when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant online form.
- Staffing Solutions: If you are interested in our staffing solutions, we may collect Personal Information and other relevant information about you or your company in connection with your employment needs, including but not limited to, first and last name, company name, title, email address, phone number, and type of staffing need.
- Social Media: We may also collect Personal Information and other information about you when you choose to interact with us through social media platforms on which we are active. In addition, we may also collect the Personal Information you make available on your public social network profiles and on other public locations, including, without limitation, on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, or other company websites and/or job boards. The Personal Information we collect in this manner may include, but not be limited to, first and last name, contact information, location, qualifications, education, training courses and internships, work experience, skill sets, certifications, professional or employment-related information, and any other information you make available on social media platforms and other public locations.
- Career Opportunities: If you are interested in applying for career opportunities through our Website, we may collect Personal Information including, but not limited to, first and last name, email address, phone number, desired employment location, estimated start date, we may ask you to upload a copy of your resume or CV, or we may ask you to provide a hyperlink to your LinkedIn profile.
- We may also collect any other Personal Information you choose to provide to us or we obtain about you through the use of our Website.
You do not have to provide your Personal Information to us when you use our Website. However, if you do not provide us with required information, it may limit the services you can receive from us.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
We use the Personal Information that we collect from you or that you provide to us for the following business purposes:
- To provide you with the services you expect from us and to help us create, publish, and improve content most relevant to you.
- To best tailor content and resources according to your preferences.
- To respond to your request or questions when you contact us.
- With your consent, we may use your contact data for direct marketing to inform you about services, products, newsletters, or events that might be of interest to you.
- To ensure that the content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you. This mainly takes place in the context of new IT systems and processes so that information about you may be used in the testing of those new IT systems and processes where dummy data cannot fully replicate the operation of the new IT system.
- To perform analytical research on our prospective client and candidate base, including the content, and the services/products they are interested in.
- To transfer data to third parties.
- Where necessary, to comply with any legal obligation.
- We may also process your information to investigate or respond to incidents and complaints or comply with obligations and rights, and cooperate with investigations carried out by the police, government or regulators.
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which we collect it. In the event we see a need to use your information for purposes other than reasons mentioned above, we will inform you and seek your consent.
How Long Is Information Retained?
Disclosure of Information
In order to facilitate our efficient use of your Personal Information, and to provide you with content, resources, and our services, we may disclose Personal Information you provide to us, or that we may collect from your use of the Website, to the following third parties:
- Within various DSA departments/entities across the world;
- With clients whom we work with;
- With third party suppliers who may perform business functions on our behalf; or
- With government agencies, regulators, or other law enforcement agencies if, at our sole discretion, we consider that we are legally obligated or authorized to do so.
Information shared with anyone outside of DSA is bound by appropriate contractual requirements prohibiting its usage beyond any direction provided by DSA. We require that all of our third party suppliers ensure appropriate technical and administrative governance to ensure information is used only per contractual requirement.
DSA does not sell any Personal Information that we may collect from you or that you provide to us when you use our Website.
Our Website is designed and intended for adults. By accessing and/or using our Website, you represent that you are a legal adult. If you are not a legal adult, you must have your parent or legal guardian access and use the Website for you. If you want to purchase any goods or services that may be offered on our Website, such purchase(s) must be made by your parent or legal guardian on your behalf.
Our Website is not intended for, and we do not knowingly collect information from or otherwise market our website or other materials to children under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us using the information listed in the Contact Us section below. You may review and request the deletion of your child’s Personal Information or prohibit the further use of such information.
Do We Transfer or Store Your Data Outside The United States?
Your information may be transferred to and/or stored in any country where we conduct business, which includes locations outside North America. By using our Website or by otherwise providing information to us, you understand that the information from or about you or your use of our Website may be transferred to and/or stored in countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures to safeguard your Personal Information. Although we aim to protect the security and integrity of the information we collect, we cannot guarantee or warrant that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in any case, is 100% secure from intrusion by others. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure or that data has been compromised, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
You have certain legal rights with respect to the Personal Information that you provide and/or which we obtain about you depending on the state/country where you reside, including, but not limited to, the right to request access to the personal data we process, correct an error or omission, delete personal data, or object or limit further processing. DSA will respect individual rights requests under those laws. Additionally, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect any processing of your Personal Information done before you withdrew your consent.
California Residents: If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (Civil Code § 1798.100, et seq.) provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Information depending on the nature of your relationship with us. Where applicable, your rights include, among others:
- Right to Access and Obtain a Copy of Your Personal Information: You have the right to request access to and a copy of your Personal Information that we collected about you over the previous 12 months. Once we have verified your identity, we will disclose the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in a portable format, and to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request deletion of the Personal Information you provided to us or that we collected, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: DSA does not sell your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights: You have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising your consumer privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or other applicable law. We will not deny you goods or services, charge different amounts or provide a different quality level of goods or services for exercising your rights unless the difference is reasonably related to the value of your data.
European Privacy Rights: For individuals located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, where applicable, your rights include, among others:
- Access: You have the right to request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of your Personal Information we hold about you and certain other information about it.
- Rectification: You are entitled to request that we correct any inaccuracies of your Personal Information.
- Erasure: You have the right to request erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction: You are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information.
- Data Portability: You may request to receive information you provided to us in a portable format and to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format, or the transfer of certain Personal Information to another party.
- You have the right to make a complaint to a Data Protection Authority where you are a resident, where we are based, or where an alleged infringement of data protection law has taken place.
To exercise your rights, please use the contact information listed in the Contact Us section below.
Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information listed in the Contact Us section below.
Verifying Your Identity
To exercise the rights described above, it may be necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you (by, for example providing us with valid identification to confirm your identity).
For residents of California only, you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.